Forests for All: A Celebration of Scotland’s Forests at Glen Tanar Visitor Centre - 10.30am - 3.30pm
Created by North East OWL Group | Event date 29.09.19
From forest clearings to cityscapes, campfires to biomass, bushcraft to nanotechnology, Scotland’s forests have been a treasure trove of resources for thousands of years and a place to find refuge and wellbeing.
Join us to discover how we have lived in, benefitted from and managed Scotland’s forests from earliest times to the present-day. Find out how our forests today are increasingly important - both for us and for the wildlife they support.
An event for all ages!
• Family-friendly woodland activities (e.g. take our den challenge in the woodland; hunt for forest mini-beasties, cook a marshmallow on a campfire; PLUS pre-school fun for wee siblings!
• Demonstration of forestry (woodland establishment, timber harvesting)
• Green woodworking demonstrations
• Discover the wider benefits of trees: from wildlife habitats to flood control and carbon capture
• Guided walks through Glen Tanar’s pine woods – Scotland’s third largest area of old native forest.
For event updates:
Please visit OWL Scotland (www.owlscotland.org) / Glen Tanar Ranger Service facebook page
Booking essential for walks and children’s activities (either am or pm sessions available)
Please contact Jill Birch (firstname.lastname@example.org) Cost: Booking fee of £5