The committee of Glasgow Outdoor & Woodland Learning Group comprises of dedicated and passionate individuals from various professions including forestry professionals, Forest School Leaders, teachers and countryside rangers. Our committee meet every two months and new committee members are voted on at the AGM each year. If you would like to join us for an active role to help us shape our work, please contact us.
GROWL membership is free to practitioners, teachers, early year practitioners and organisations who deliver Outdoor Learning in the Glasgow region. To become a member, fill in this form.
Becoming a GROWL Member will give you access to:
- Discounted rates on our courses
- One to one business advice sessions for Practitioners wanting to set up their own Forest School or freelance outdoor learning business
- Courses, skillshare and networking events to improve skills and confidence
- An opportunity to promote your activities through our networks
- Our quarterly e-newsletter
Our services for Schools and Community Organisations:
- Advice sessions about funding, identifying a space to use, getting permission to use it, identifying a practitioner and more
-Forest School and other Outdoor sessions run by one of our experienced, qualified Outdoor Education Leaders for whole classes or specific groups of children facing challenging circumstances
- Bespoke training sessions for staff run by one of our experienced members in topics such as: Bushcraft, Forest School, Loose Parts Play, Intro to Outdoor Learning, Outdoor First Aid