The Edinburgh & Lothians Group was formed in 2005. The group has been actively involved in supporting Edinburgh's Forest School pilot project 2006-2008 in partnership with the Forestry Commission Scotland, The City of Edinburgh Council, Scottish Natural Heritage and Careers Scotland.
Edinburgh OWL Group currently aims to:
- Find funding to subsidise Forest School Leader Training.
- Run regular ideas sharing workshops for its members.
- Build a pool of educational resources, equipment and tools for member use.
- Provide a network for its members and interested individuals and organisations to benefit from sharing ideas and best practice.
- Maintain links with neighbouring OWL groups, organisations and interested individuals.
Meetings tend to be outside or focus on practical activities that can be undertaken with youngsters. Generally the group hold four ideas sharing meetings per year. We are a friendly group and always keen to hear from individuals / organisations whose aims are similar to the OWL constitution. We have a circulation of 250+ individuals and an active core of 8+ individuals. Please get in touch if you want to know more.
Please note the Cluster Group title is now - Edinburgh OWL Group.