The Edinburgh & Lothians Group was formed in 2005. The group has been actively involved in supporting Edinburgh's Forest School pilot project 2006-2008 in partnership with the Forestry Commission Scotland (Scottish Forestry), The City of Edinburgh Council, Scottish Natural Heritage (NatureScot) and Careers Scotland.
Edinburgh OWL Group currently aims to:
- Find funding to subsidise Forest School Leader Training.
- Run regular ideas sharing workshops for its members.
- Build a pool of educational resources, equipment and tools for member use.
- Provide a network for its members and interested individuals and organisations to benefit from sharing ideas and best practice.
- Maintain links with neighbouring OWL groups, organisations and interested individuals.
Meetings tend to be outside or focus on practical activities that can be undertaken with children, young people and families. Generally the group hold four ideas sharing meetings per year. We are a friendly group and always keen to hear from individuals / organisations whose aims are similar to the OWL constitution. We have a circulation of 250+ individuals and an active core of 14+ individuals, most of whom are Forest School Leader (Level3) trained / undergoing FOLA Training. Please get in touch if you want to know more.
Please check our EOWL facebook page for seasonal updates.
Winter / Spring 2021 CPD series
During Covid-19 we have designed and developed a range of blended learning CPD opportunities to keep us all learning and safe outdoors. The CPD sesssions will be delivered through a combination of online presentation, interactive activities and outdoor guidance.
Please note the Cluster Group title is now - Edinburgh OWL Group.